St. Andrew’s Food Cupboard – Community Challenge #1
“I’m just surviving,” Williams, 61, said.
“If it wasn’t for the food pantry, I’d be dead.”
This is our first Rochester Digital Marketing Community Challenge!
We will work as a team to chart out and execute a strategy , build content and promote this organization for the holidays and beyond …
Our reward? Fame! Glory! Karma and experience.
All who participate will get link love for playing a part. You will also get access to analytics data generated for the campaign.
Your Call to Action? Bring you ideas and experience to the Nov 7 Rochester Digital Marketing Meetup and help plan the strategy!
Beneficiary: St. Andrew’s Food Cupboard – 890 Portland Ave. , Rochester, NY.
Contacts: Margaret Oberst, Director. Larry Steehler, Volunteer and source of challenge.
Description: The food cupboard is a local community resource providing food and emergency relief for families on the North East side of the city of Rochester, NY.
They provide hundreds of meals during the holidays.
Throughout the year, St. Andrew’s provides 350+ families with three to four days’ worth of food every month. The food cupboard is supported by about 40 volunteers.
Immediate Needs: Volunteers to stock and pick up food . Food Donations , toiletry donations .
Digital Marketing Issues
- No web pages and no official social media sites.
- No budget for marketing
- No major press stories since 2014
- Confusion with the Calvary St. Andrews Food Cupboard in the South Wedge. That group has some web presence.
- No way to tell public what they need for donations or volunteers. Nothing for other organizations to link to .
Digital Marketing Assets
- Unofficial Facebook page for the site.
- Local Google reference.
- Some good press and newsletter references in the past
D&C article from 2014 featuring St Andrew’s food pantry.
- Listings in some local directories for food banks.
- Dedicated, experienced volunteers